Are you considering remodeling your Greensboro, NC home and wondering about cherry flooring? Or perhaps you’re not doing a full renovation and just looking to give those floors a lift. Whether you’ve just moved in or have loved your forever house for decades, a professional flooring job can make the whole room look brighter, fresher and more modern.
No doubt you still have more questions about the materials and process, and our team at Floor Coverings International Triad is here to help. Here’s a quick rundown of cherry flooring and how you can get started today.
Cherry Hardwood Flooring in Greensboro
So why cherry? Here are the most common reasons people choose this tasteful wood:
- They love the look of cherry, with its warm red-brown tones and distinctive grain. The appearance can dress up any room, from a minimal decoration scheme to a lush Victorian aesthetic.
- The wood darkens over time, helping to hide spots and stains that may occur over the years. This reduces the amount of refinishing you have to do in the future.
- The wood is quite durable, meaning it doesn’t dent easily. Especially if you have pets, children or even heavy furniture, a dense hardwood like cherry is an excellent option.
- The wood is grown right here in America, making it more affordable than other hardwoods, as well as more sustainable than imports. There are a lot of cherry options here in Greensboro, NC though you have to be sure to work with a reputable vendor who will give you the best deal on the best materials.
In other words, if you’re looking for a beautiful, durable option in the reddish spectrum, cherry should be a top contender!
Installation of Cherry Floors
Beautiful hardwoods like cherry are famous for lasting centuries, but that’s only if they’re installed properly. That’s why it’s important to work with a knowledgeable professional like Floor Coverings International Triad. If you don’t install the boards correctly, they could warp or crack. Plus, when improperly finished, cherry can become damaged by water, and may not darken to that beautiful deep amber for which this wood is so prized.
Cleaning Cherry Floors in Greensboro, NC
Once the installation is done, all you need to do is follow an easy upkeep routine. That includes regular sweeping, vacuuming two or three times a month, and then running a mop over them monthly. Violà! Beautiful floors for life.
Get Started Today!
Want to learn more about cherry floors in Greensboro, NC? Get in touch withFloor Coverings International Triad today to ask questions or to schedule a free consultation, and our friendly team will get you started on the path to finding your perfect floors!
You might also like:
- Is Hardwood or Carpet Better for Your Home?
- Oak Hardwood Flooring in High Point
- Infographic: How to Choose a Hardwood Plank Size
Photo credit: ©Pics721