Now more than ever, the home office has become more important than we possibly could have imagined. Working from home has become increasingly more popular, and will most likely continue to be as time goes on. With that in mind, it might be time to upgrade your home office space. Working in a clean, organized, and refreshed workspace will greatly improve productivity. Upgrading your home office flooring is an excellent way to revamp your space. Our flooring experts here at Floor Coverings International Triad are available to help guide you through the process. Continue reading to learn more about the best flooring options for your home office.
What to Consider When Choosing a Floor
Here are some factors to think about before deciding on a flooring option:
- Will this room be used just for a home office, or will it serve other purposes?
- Will this room be used as a home office temporarily or permanently?
- What kind of desk chair are you going to use?
- Is keeping noise to a minimum a concern?
Once you have answered these questions, you will have a more clear idea of which flooring to pick for your home office. For home offices, we usually recommend hard surface flooring, such as hardwood, vinyl and laminate.
Hardwood floors provide a classic look and feel to your space. Hardwood also can make your home more appealing and add lasting value to your home if you ever plan on selling. One of the best parts about hardwood is the low maintenance and design flexibility. That being said, it’s important to keep in mind what kind of wear and tear hardwood flooring will likely face. Rolling chairs and office furniture can leave a mark. However, using a rolling office chair is easier on hardwood compared to carpet.
Another great choice for your home office is vinyl flooring. Vinyl is durable, versatile and valuable. In case you end up eating in your home office, vinyl flooring is resistant to stains and spills. There is a large selection of styles, which is another reason why vinyl flooring is a great option to consider.
Laminate flooring is another option if you’re looking for flooring that is durable and has excellent value. Laminate flooring will last a long time and looks great while doing it!
How to Enhance Existing Floors
If you are not able to get new floors right away, here are some tips to help revamp your existing floors:
- Try an area rug. A large rug can help cover up any imperfections on your floors. Plus, an area rug can help muffle sound, which will be helpful during all of those phone calls and virtual meetings.
- If you use a rolling office chair, we recommending placing a small floor mat underneath the wheels, which will help your chair roll more smoothly on carpet, or keep your chair from leaving scratches behind on hardwood.
Our design experts here at Floor Coverings International Triad can help you find the perfect flooring for your home office based on your current needs. Floor Coverings International Triad is open and available to help. Give us a call or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We proudly serve Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point.
You May Also Enjoy:
- Floor Shopping While Social Distancing
- Caring for Wooden Floors in Your Greensboro Home
- Do Not Overlook Laminate for Your Greensboro Home
Photo ©: Photographee.eu